Casting Technician (162-13)
The Casting Technician is responsible for the casting of liquid thermoset prototype and production parts.
- Ensure that each cast part is reflective of customers’ and 3D Systems' quality standards
- Cast correct quantity of acceptable parts based on daily schedule
- Maintain and clean equipment (i.e., meter mix machines, scales, tanks, etc.) and work area to ensure part quality and production efficiency on a daily basis
- Ensure proper stacking, storage, and labeling of urethane parts
- Accurately record production and defective part quantities on a daily basis
- Accurately record per part material usage on job cards when established.
- Label pressure tanks with name, job and time when in use
- Ensure that specifications on job card and casting documentation is received and understood when starting a job
- Submit weekly order requisition/inventory to Production Supervisor casting supplies and materials under supervision of Lead Casting Technician
- Keeps mix guns running efficiently and material tanks topped off at all times.
- Perform hands-on material preparation, including accurate color matching
- Ensure that material is available, prepared, and labeled for all jobs
- Understand the basics of mold design and material flow to assist in troubleshooting the casting process
Education & Training:
High school diploma required
Minimum of 1 year experience with direct involvement in casting thermoset and RTV materials
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with tools and mechanical background
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Basic computer proficiency required; experience with databases and spreadsheets is preferred
- Must be able to problem solve