Food Scientist (009-14)
Researches, develops and designs edible materials for use in 3D Printers. Develops processes to create three-dimensional parts from such systems.
- The Food Scientist is expected to be hands on in preparing, testing and qualifying edible formulas for use in 3D printers.
- Operate 3D Printers to build test parts and optimize formulation behavior.
- Analyze materials performance.
- Participate in scale-up of formulations to production levels.
- Identify, qualify and coordinate with outside vendors.
- Execute Research and Development projects with minimum level of supervision.
- Add to group’s collective knowledge through research reports and presentations.
Education and Training:
Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Biochemistry or Materials Science
Experience: 5-10 years’ experience or equivalent in the food industry working on snacks, candy and chocolates
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Great observational, problem solving and creative skills.
- Ability to design experiments, record data and present results.
- Attention to, and documentation of details.
- Ability to consistently conduct experiments in accordance with standard procedures.
- Knowledge of food science and FDA rules to edible materials.
- Experience with formulating and testing of edible compositions, including processing and characterization techniques.
- Flexibility in making both individual and collaborative contributions.
- Excellent communication skills, both in person and via phone, email, etc.
- Hands-on attitude and a desire to learn.