Global Materials Manager (057-13)
The Global Materials Manager is responsible for the procurement of commodities through the development and implementation of commodity strategies plans and the management of supplier relationship. Other areas of responsibility include price negotiation, planning, inventory control, and quality control.
- Implement procurement strategy and policies
- Forecast procurement needs
- Create and implement KPI’s
- Continually develop expertise to support growth for new projects
- Monitor macro trends in supplier and contract base and implement plans to react
- Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and customers
- Identify, develop, training opportunities for department personnel
- Ensure supplier compliance with site and company requirements for quality and safety
- Lead department in developing and implementing purchasing strategies for products
- Responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost effective way; timely manner while maintaining appropriate inventory levels, quality standards, and specifications
- Develop and review purchase requests and ensure authorization as necessary to facilitate the timely purchase of new products
- Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier
Education & Training:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- APICS CPIM or CPM certification desired
Five to ten years’ related work experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint)
- Oracle 11i - preferred
- Knowledge of MRP and cost accounting systems.
- Experience negotiating and creating corporate supply agreements.
- Lean and Kaizen experience a plus