Training Manager (074-14)
The technical Training Manager is responsible for developing and managing our Training Certification Program to ensure resellers and customers are properly trained and certified on our products. The Training Manager will develop the training curriculum and ensure consistency across all platforms and training regions. The Training Manager will interview subject matter experts (SMEs) from various functions and locations to extract and adapt information on complex electromechanical systems and software and use this information to develop both Online Training (OLT) and Instructor-led Training (ILT). The Training Manager will work closely with our technical support team to manage and coordinate training schedules, attendee registrations and certifications. The Training Manager will also deliver training as needed.
- Researches and develops content covering the installation, maintenance, repair, use, and applications of 3D printers which utilize a variety of both liquid and powder technologies
- Interviews SMEs in Engineering, Field Service, Marketing and others to extract data on the design and function of the machines and turn it into useful information
- Uses the information gathered to become educated on product technologies and applications; maintains current understanding of applications and which machine would be best for which application
- Works collaboratively with Technical Writers at multiple sites to ensure maximum leverage of content and minimum duplication of effort
- Develops, edits, formats, and produces both OLT and ILT content, being aware of the differences imposed by these two delivery methods
- Develops OLT and ILT that are consistent with established formats and styles
- Develops clear, concise ILT using tools such as Word, Excel, Photoshop, and PowerPoint
- Develops engaging, memorable OLT using tools such as PowerPoint, Photoshop, iSpring
- Articulate, and Captivate to publish content to our LMS and Web in a variety of delivery formats such as narrated PowerPoint and Flash
- Delivers professional, accurate, engaging ILT classes, while dealing smoothly with unexpected situations such as machine failure and registration mix-ups
- Plans own daily activities and prioritizes assigned tasks; work is periodically reviewed at certain steps prior to completion, and periodically during the process depending on the type of training
- Travel highly variable but scheduled in advance; average approximately 20-50%. Must have valid US Passport. Any foreign languages a plus.
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
Five years’ experience developing/delivering training. Experience with LMS and web preferred. Experience with 3D or large format printing a plus. Experience explaining technical content to non-native English speakers a plus. Project management experiences a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Specific experience taking leadership role in developing new content in an unfamiliar area
- Specific experience coordinating project involving team members in different organizations around the world
- Specific experience presenting ILT content to different audiences
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding electrical and mechanical systems
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools and techniques and immediately apply them
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Basic knowledge of image manipulation software (Photoshop, Paint, SnagIt, Illustrator)
- Solid writing, communication, project management and organizational skills
- Solid ability to interview and evaluate information from technical experts and incorporate into technical training with an emphasis on accuracy and conciseness, all the while considering the needs of our global audience
- Able to travel to present training at dealer or customer sites worldwide
- Fluent proficiency in technical English with minimal accent. Any foreign languages a plus
As part of the interview process, applicant will present a 10-minute training session on a subject of their choosing.