- Delivering even cooler cars as fast as possible and getting them right the first time without going over time or budget
- Creating more interesting and intricate parts that are hard to mock up, need to fit existing body panels, or are impossible to do by hand
- Reducing time spent doing trial and error (building it, fixing it, tweaking it)
- Geomagic® Design X™ scan-to-CAD software by 3D Systems
- Geomagic® Control X™ inspection software by 3D Systems
- FARO® Design ScanArm
- Enabled engineers to be more creative and flexible and build even cooler parts free form that often wouldn’t have been possible before.
- Created better-fitting, higher-quality parts in one try—with no paint scratching.
- Saved days’, weeks’, and sometimes months’ worth of work, improved delivery time, and reduced labor costs.
- Created CAD files that they could trust with high-resolution scan data.
- Streamlined design by forgoing other CAD software.
Kindig-It Design in Salt Lake City, Utah, is a high-end, custom automotive shop with a team of artists and fabricators who specialize in restomod—they’ve been restoring a broad range of vehicles and modifying them to be more modern since 1999. We’re talking super high-end work with very clean lines and an almost race-car level of sophistication. Tight-fitting form, functional, high-end cars. Everything they do is custom, bespoke.
Known for their TV show on the Discovery Channel’s Motor Trends network—which airs worldwide and gives a behind-the-scenes look at their process for building some super cool cars—their current lead time is about three to four years, so get in line.
Owner Dave Kindig has been designing cars by hand since he was a kid. “If they want to go over the top, I'm definitely their guy,” says Dave.
Try Geomagic Design X and Geomagic Control X yourself with a free trial.