Industry: Injection molds for a range of customers, including multinationals in the food and cosmetic sectors
Location: Olpe, Germany
Web Site: http://www.wiro.com
- Competing effectively with low cost mold makers
- Increasing productivity without increasing company size
- Providing customers with a full service that includes product design (in some cases), mold design and mold manufacture, without losing information in the process
Cimatron's integrated mold making solution, including part design, mold design, electrodes, and full NC capabilities
- The production of more complex, durable molds that require fewer modifications has led to cost efficiencies and enabled WIRO to compete with mold producers who offer cheap, low-quality molds
- WIRO has increased productivity by approx. 20% in the last five years without major increases in the size of the company
- CimatronE's integrated solution allows WIRO to complete every part of the mold making process, from design to delivery, without having to switch from one software to another
- The dependability of the software allows WIRO to run machines unsupervised at night, saving time and increasing productivity
WIRO is a family-owned tool shop with 40 employees in Olpe, Germany, that produces molds for screw caps, closures, and tube components. 90% of the tools it creates are exported, with 80% of orders shipping outside of Europe. WIRO customers include the biggest multinational companies in the food and cosmetic sectors. WIRO is involved in its customers' work, ranging from consulting on the design of the part to coordinating injection molding at the customer's site.
WIRO is a two-time winner of the mold maker of the year award at Germany's Excellence in Tooling ceremony.