This module provides basic endovascular training for treatment of peripheral artery disease focused in the common iliac artery and external iliac artery.
The module provides practice for the following:
- Performing diagnostic angiography.
- Antegrade or retrograde (crossover) technique.
- Performing angioplasty and stenting.
- A selection of drugs allows controlling hemodynamic changes and coagulation.
- Cases present a variety of anatomies with different aortic bifurcation angulations as well as various stenosis locations (common iliac, bilateral lesions or external iliac artery), degrees and lengths.
During a case, the trainee may encounter complications, such as dissection or perforation, which can be treated using conventional techniques. Alternately, the proctor may surprise the trainee with complications triggered by a keyboard shortcut.