C-arm Basic Skills module
This ANGIO Mentor module allows physicians beginning their endovascular practice, to learn, practice and gain confidence in the fundamental understanding of c-arm manipulation and projections, in a self-directed and interactively challenging simulator setting. The C-arm Basic Skills Module offers basic training of C-arm operations and tasks supporting the acquisition of basic angiographic skills by multiple medical specialties. The tasks focus on standard views relevant for various endovascular interventions (Neurovascular, Cardiovascular, Peripheral, etc.), radiation safety as well as full procedure steps to follow with the c-arm operation.
Add-on: Mini C-arm Model
The module provides the ability to connect to a physical mini c-arm model. C-arm manual rotation is shown on the simulator, and allows understanding true-to-life principles of a mobile c-arm operation. Instant toggling between control panel joystick operation and the mini c-arm operation is enabled.
- Learn how to perform optimal angiography, while considering radiation safety guidelines such as fluoroscopy time and c-arm angulation
- Learn c-arm angulation nomenclature for angiography (AO, LAO, RAO, Cranial, Caudal, Lateral)
- Learn familiar with anatomical markers that assist in identifying the projection used – spine location, cardiac silhouette, diaphragm
- Learn standard angiographic projections required to best display peripheral arteries
- Learn standard angiographic projections required to best display upper extremities arteries
- Learn standard angiographic projections required to best display the coronary arteries
- Practice identifying the location of lesions and pathologies
Radiology, Cardiology, Vascular Surgery, Neuroradiology, Neuro Surgery, Thoracic Surgery and Trauma Surgery residents/fellows with no prior hands-on endovascular experience.
As part of the module a mini c-arm model is provided. Live maneuver by the trainee allows understanding of true-to-life principals of a mobile c-arm operation. The module permits real time change between joystick operation and a mini c-arm operation.