Lap Chole – Procedural Tasks
New and improved graphics enhance the module’s realism to allow a closer to life training experience
A didactic step-by-step tutorial of the laparoscopic cholecystectomy procedure.
Each task focuses on one critical stage of the procedure: Dissection of the cystic duct and artery (achieving the critical view), safe clipping and cutting of the duct and artery, and dissection of gallbladder from the liver bed.
Instructions on safe procedure performance are applied to the anatomical setting.
This module helps surgeons identify the visual cues associated with traction / counter-traction of tissue as well as identifying areas requiring additional practice.
- To become familiar with the anatomy of the gallbladder area
- To learn the principles of safe and accurate clipping and cutting based on correct traction of the gallbladder
- To expose Calot’s Triangle by practicing correct gallbladder traction for secure and accurate clipping and cutting
- To perform safe exposure of vital structures using correct traction, and to gain knowledge on the principles of safe dissection and safe cautery in laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- To perform safe and accurate dissection of the gallbladder from the liver bed, by applying the principles of correct traction