TURP Basic Skills
This module contains basic tasks to acquire all skills required to safely perform a complete TURP procedure. The module also provides a training curriculum relying on self practice in an enjoyable environment until reaching the desired proficiency level.
Learners gain experience in identifying the anatomical landmarks, cystoscopy, performing a safe resection, and in controlling bleeding.
- Develop knowledge of anatomy and landmarks
- Become proficient at using a resectoscope
- Become accustomed to the fulcrum effect and 30° angled scope
- Acquire depth perception and hand-eye coordination
- Acquire safe resection techniques
- Efficiently control and manage bleeding and complications