ROCK HILL, South Carolina, May 15, 2015 – 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that it will be showcasing its extensive lineup of 3D printers as well as its professional desktop design and scan solutions at the RAPID 2015 Conference and Exposition, May 18 – 25, 2015, in the Long Beach Convention Center, Long Beach, California, in booth 814. Attendees who want to discover the ease of cloud manufacturing can also see the on-demand solutions and expertise offered by 3DS' Quickparts services in booth 1029.
Stemming from the company's efforts in 3D-enabled healthcare solutions, this year's RAPID conference will also feature a workshop titled "Regulatory & Quality System Considerations for 3D Printed Medical Devices," which will take place May 18 from 9 am – 2pm. As part of this workshop, 3DS' Kim Torluemke, Vice President, Quality & Regulatory, Healthcare will speak about quality systems, design control, and verification and validation.
Throughout its booth, 3DS will showcase a range of 3D printers and 3D technology that empowers clients—in industries from aerospace to automotive and education to mechanical engineering—to rethink the entire design-to-manufacturing process with an unparalleled level of design freedom. These include:
- Industrial-grade direct metal 3D printing on the ProXTM 200 Direct Metal Printer (DMP). The latest evolution in metal printing, the ProX series of direct metal printers is specifically designed for the most demanding environments, delivering high-density, precise 3D printed end-use metal parts.
- Beautiful full-color plastic 3D printing on the ProJet® 4500, which delivers ready-to-use, vibrant, durable, flexible, high-resolution plastic parts straight out of the printer.
- High-performance, simultaneous, multi-material composite 3D printing using the ProJet® 5500X. This versatile 3D printer simultaneously prints and fuses together flexible and rigid material composites layer by layer at the pixel level, so users can quickly create multi-material assemblies, overmolded parts, rubber-like components and more.
- SLA accuracy in a smaller footprint on the user-friendly ProJet® 6000. For precise prototypes, rapid tooling and end-use parts, the ProJet 6000 allows newcomers and experts alike to easily step into high-quality, fast 3D printing.
- Desktop prototyping and end-use parts on the CubePro® 3D printer. Offering largest-in-class build platform, high resolutions and fast print times, the CubePro is the perfect desktop model maker for hobbyists, engineers, architects, and more.
- The reimagined engineer's desktop puts the entire 3D digital thread together in one place, offering accurate desktop 3D scanning on Capture®, intuitive 3D design software and the Touch™ haptic stylus, and desktop printing on the micro-SLA ProJet 1200 or the CubePro. Software on display includes 3DS' comprehensive workflow solutions with Geomagic® scan, inspection and design software; CimatronE tooling software; and GibbsCAM production machining software.
- Robust, durable MultiJet 3D printing with the ProJet® 3500 series, which makes high-definition plastic functional prototypes, end-use parts, and rapid tooling for injection molding and casting patterns.
- Personalized healthcare solutions including the full range of medical modeling solutions for personalized surgery, VSP® (Virtual Surgical Planning) for reconstructive surgery, ClearView® and ArthroView® anatomical models and surgical guides, and direct metal printed (DMP) implants for contract manufacturing needs.
Learn more about 3DS' commitment to manufacturing the future today at www.3dsystems.com.
About 3D Systems
3D Systems provides the most advanced and comprehensive 3D digital design and fabrication solutions available today, including 3D printers, print materials and cloud-sourced custom parts. Its powerful ecosystem transforms entire industries by empowering professionals and consumers everywhere to bring their ideas to life using its vast material selection, including plastics, metals, ceramics and edibles. 3DS' leading personalized medicine capabilities save lives and include end-to-end simulation, training and planning, and printing of surgical instruments and devices for personalized surgery and patient specific medical and dental devices. Its democratized 3D digital design, fabrication and inspection products provide seamless interoperability and incorporate the latest immersive computing technologies. 3DS' products and services disrupt traditional methods, deliver improved results and empower its customers to manufacture the future now.
Leadership through Innovation and Technology
- 3DS invented 3D printing with its Stereolithography (SLA) printer and was the first to commercialize it in 1989.
- 3DS invented Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) printing and was the first to commercialize it in 1992.
- 3DS invented the ColorJet Printing (CJP) class of 3D printers and was the first to commercialize 3D powder-based systems in 1994.
- 3DS invented MultiJet Printing (MJP) printers and was the first to commercialize it in 1996.
- 3DS pioneered virtual surgical simulation (VSSTM) and virtual surgical planning (VSP®), and its leading 3D healthcare products and services help doctors achieve better patient outcomes.
Today its comprehensive range of 3D printers is the industry's benchmark for production-grade manufacturing in aerospace, automotive, patient specific medical device and a variety of consumer, electronic and fashion accessories.
More information on the company is available at www.3dsystems.com.