Tuesday, May 18, 2010 5:00 AM
Seoul, South Korea - May 18, 2010, INUS Technology (www.rapidform.com) announced that the next major release of its flagship reverse engineering software, Rapidform XOR, will begin shipping to customers today. Rapidform XOR is the only software that combines 3D scan data processing and parametric solid modeling to give users the ability to create intelligent CAD models from point clouds and polygon meshes. It is also the only 3D scanning software that creates native CAD models from scan data for SolidWorks, Pro/ENGINEER, Siemens NX, CATIA V4/V5 and AutoCAD.
Rapidform XOR3 makes the process of creating engineering-grade CAD models of real world objects easier than ever. Unlike other reverse engineering software, XOR makes real CAD features with parent-child relationships, not just parametric surfaces. 3D models created in XOR are higher quality, easier to transfer into CAD, and are more easily edited than surface-based models.
With this new release, XOR offers more than 350 upgrades to save time and increase throughput. New features in Rapidform XOR3 include:
- Modeling Wizards that automate the process of creating various features, including extrusions, revolutions, sweeps and pipes. These wizards compress modeling time by up to 75%.
- Streamlined LiveTransfer, XOR's unique CAD interoperability technology. XOR3 communicates faster and transfers more than 20 unique feature types into SolidWorks, Pro/E, Siemens NX and AutoCAD.
- A new automatic surfacing algorithm that generates CAD ready NURBS surfaces from polygon meshes in one click.
- A new massive point cloud processing engine. XOR3 handles large point clouds much more efficiently, so copious data sets from today's cutting-edge 3D scanners are no problem.
- WYSIWYG batch process designer. Just drag and drop the commands in the order you want them to operate, and point XOR3 at a folder of scan data. It will process each scan automatically, giving you optimized mesh models without any effort.
About INUS Technology Inc. INUS Technology helps companies unlock the power of 3D scanning. The company's software solutions are the most widely installed products for reverse engineering, 3D imaging and inspection using 3D scan data around the globe. Rapidform makes 3D scanning an extremely powerful tool for a variety of applications and is used in fields such as manufacturing, R&D, quality inspection, medical research and civil engineering. Leading companies including Audi, Ford, Hyundai, Toyota, Rolls Royce, Volkswagen, Hitachi, Panasonic, Oakley, Samsung, Sony, Alcoa, and Benteler use Rapidform's advanced technology to innovate throughout their research, design, manufacturing and quality control processes. For more information, please visit http://www.rapidform.com