CAD Partners: Autodesk Inc.
Directly Machine Inventor Files
With GibbsCAM, you can focus on programming your Autodesk Inventor, Mechanical Desktop, and AutoCAD parts, not figuring out how to read them. GibbsCAM’s industry-leading ease-of-use ensures that you can actually use its powerful capabilities. And if the part changes, GibbsCAM’s full associativity allows you to easily modify and update your programs with just a couple clicks of the mouse.
Powerful Interoperability with Inventor
GibbsCAM takes full advantage of Inventor capabilities by directly reading solids, preserving colors, and easily updating revised part files.
GibbsCAM by 3D Systems is an authorized member of the Autodesk Developer Network (ADN) and is an Autodesk Authorized Independent Software Vender (ISV). GibbsCAM is certified under the autodesk Inventor Certified Application Program. 3D Systems licenses real DWG from Autodesk, ensuring that GibbsCAM works seamlessly with all AutoCAD products.
Seamless Integration with Inventor
- Directly reads Inventor model files (IPT)
- Directly reads AutoCAD® files (DXF and DWG)
- Directly transfers model files from Inventor to GibbsCAM for machining
- Add-in supports direct transfer of Inventor CAD features and hole features
- Updates machining processes automatically when an Inventor model is revised
- Preserves all colors applied to a model in Inventor for better communication between design and manufacturing processes
- Autodesk Vault: Plug-in supports interaction between GibbsCAM and Autodesk Vault, including dependency update checking
About Autodesk Inventor:
Autodesk Inventor software takes engineers beyond 3D to Digital Prototyping by giving them a comprehensive set of tools for 3D mechanical design, simulation, tooling, visualization and documentation that enables them to design, visualize, and simulate products before they are ever built. Inventor produces an accurate digital model which is a virtual representation of the final product that can be used to validate the form, fit, and function of the product before it is ever built. Autodesk, Inc. is wholly focused on ensuring that great ideas are turned into reality. With six million users, Autodesk is the world's leading software and services company for the building, manufacturing, infrastructure, digital media and wireless data services fields. Autodesk’s solutions help customers create, manage and share their data and digital assets more effectively. As a result, customers turn ideas into competitive advantage by becoming more productive, streamlining project efficiency and maximizing profits.