The goal of multi-task machining (MTM) is to produce an entire part in a single, uninterrupted, automatic program without stopping to change the setup or tooling manually. MTM enables getting at many sides without re-chucking, a high level of precision, increased productivity, and lights-out machining. Through one machining center and a single setup, shops have reported significant time and cost savings.
To use multi-task machines effectively, you need specialized CAM software to define the tool movement, simulate the operations, and post process the output.
Using multi-task machines with the right CAM software enables shops to reduce cycle time and improve part quality, which leads to increased profitability.
Download the eBook to learn about:
- The case for multi-task machines
- Benefits of one machining center
- Types of multi-task machines (including machine configurations and ancillary devices)
- Why you might need one
- Prime candidates for MTM
- What you can achieve
- Why you might not be maximizing your MTM investment
- Efficient NC programming for multi-task machines
- Common CAM software challenges
- Top 10 CAM software features checklist
- CAM software benefits for MTM
- Proven CAM software solution
- How to learn more