Last updated: November 10th, 2021
3D Systems Corporation and its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, "3D Systems") respect your concerns about privacy. This Online Privacy Notice (the "Notice") applies to personal data we collect on www.3dsystems.com (the "Site") and our customers. The Notice describes the types of personal data we obtain, how we use the personal data, with whom we share it and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information. We also describe measures we take to protect the security of the information, the rights you may have and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
3D Systems Corporation is the entity responsible with respect to personal data that we collect through the Site. Please see the "How to Contact Us" section below for further information.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- How We Use Personal Data We Obtain
- Information That We Collect Automatically And How We Use It
- Information We Share
- Data Transfers
- How We Protect Personal Data
- Retention of Personal Data
- Your Rights and Choices
- Children's Privacy
- Links to Third-Party Services and Features
- Updates to Our Online Privacy Notice
- How to Contact Us
- California Consumer Privacy Statement
Information We Obtain
The types of personal data we may obtain include:
- Contact information, such as your name, telephone number, and postal and email address;
- User-generated content related to product preferences, comments, questions and answers;
- If you are a customer, we also obtain information about your organization such as your company name, job title, department, country, work location, billing and payment information, and other information required to establish a customer relationship and provide you information about the products and services we offer to your organization;
- Social media information, such as social media handles, content and other data shared with us through social media pages (such as our social media pages or other pages accessible to us);
- Other information you choose to provide, such as through our "Contact Us" feature or other forms available on our Site.
Personal data that you provide directly to us will be apparent from the context in which you provide it, for example:
- If you fill out a form on our Site, you will provide your name, contact details and any other information requested by the form, such as the reason for your enquiry or your product preferences;
- If you sign up to receive electronic marketing communications from us, you will provide your name, email address and other contact information, and your product preferences;
- If you sign up to a feature on our Site, you will provide your name and contact information and any other information necessary to access the feature.
Each form on our Site varies in the information required and collected. In most cases, an asterisk (*) indicates the required information on a form. You may choose to provide additional information within fields that are not required.
In addition, you may choose to submit personal data to us if you attend an event that we or one of our affiliates or partners has organized or if you otherwise communicate with us on social media or by sending us an email.
While the personal data you choose to provide is voluntary, certain personal data may be necessary to provide you with the relevant product or service. If you choose not to provide certain information, this may affect my ability to provide you with certain products or services.
How We Use Personal Data We Obtain
We use the personal data you provide on our Site for the following legitimate business purposes:
- Provide our products and services;
- Process and fulfil transactions in connection with our products and services;
- Communicate with you, respond to inquiries, offer customer support and process claims in connection with products and services;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our products and business (including administering the Site; developing new products and services; enhancing, improving and analyzing our products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our customer base and Site; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Perform market research and customer surveys;
- Advertise and market our products and services;
- Determine the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing;
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Site, products and services and prevent misuse;
- Maintain business records;
- Conduct data storage and information technology activities;
- Exercise our rights and remedies and defend against legal claims;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and 3D Systems policies.
We use the personal data for these purposes because we have a legitimate business interest in providing services to our customers and other interested individuals. In accordance with applicable law, we take reasonable measures to ensure that the interests we pursue are balanced with your interests, rights and freedoms, which we are happy to explain upon request.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent to send you marketing communications about our products and services launches, offers and promotions, and invite you to events and surveys.
Where we have a contract with you, we process your personal data as necessary to perform our contractual relationship with you, provide our products and professional services and manage our customer relationship, including:
- Managing accounting, auditing, billing and collection activities and other internal functions;
- Providing service delivery and customer support services;
- Offering legal support and managing contracts, orders and deliveries; and
- Managing customer accounts.
Additionally, we may obtain certain personal data about individuals through healthcare professional users (including hospitals or similar health care providers or one of their representatives) of our products and services, in which case they are responsible for obtaining and handling any required consents or for having another legitimate basis for processing such information to the extent required by applicable law.
We may also use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. To the extent required by law, such notice will also describe our legal basis.
Information That We Collect Automatically And How We Use It
When you visit our Site, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other technologies. A "cookie" is a text file that websites send to a visitor's computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A "web beacon," also known as an internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. The information we collect in this manner may include your device IP address, unique device identifier, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits.
We may use these automated technologies on our Site to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our Site; (3) tailor the Site around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our Site and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our products and services, and help ensure they are working properly.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified about certain types of automated collection technologies and how to restrict or disable them. Please note, however, that without these technologies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
The Site is not designed to respond to "do not track" signals from browsers.
To learn how to opt out of interest-based advertising, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices and www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Third Party Analytics Services
We may use third-party analytics services on our Sites, such as Google Analytics. The information we obtain through the Sites may be disclosed to or collected directly by these services. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt-out of Google Analytics, please visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Information We Share
We share personal data we obtain about you with our affiliates and subsidiaries. We also share personal data with service providers that perform services on our behalf such as marketing service providers, analytics providers, IT hosting providers and payment service providers. Most of our service providers are based in the U.S. We require service providers by contract to process personal data only on our behalf and to implement measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal data. We may also share personal data with resellers, accountants, attorneys, and consultants who need the information in order to provide services in connection with the delivery of services or products, 3D Systems' management, administration, or legal responsibilities.
In addition, we may disclose personal data about you (a) if we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, for example due to a court order or a request from a law enforcement agency, (b) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (c) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or other illegal activity, and (d) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
We may transfer the personal data that we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the personal data originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the personal data. When we transfer your personal data to recipients in other countries (such as the U.S.), we will protect that personal data as described in this Notice.
We will comply with applicable legal requirements by providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal data to data recipients in countries outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"), the United Kingdom and Switzerland. To the extent that these data recipients are in countries that have not been recognized by the European Commission or relevant body as providing an adequate level of data protection, we ensure that appropriate safeguards aimed at ensuring such a level of data protection are in place, including by entering into the European Commission's EU Standard Contractual Clauses with the data recipients. To obtain a copy of the safeguards we have put in place, please contact us as indicated below.
How We Protect Personal Data
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data we obtain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use.
Retention of Personal Data
To the extent required by applicable law, we keep the personal information you provide for the duration of our relationship, plus a reasonable period to comply with the applicable statute of limitations or if otherwise required under applicable law, unless a shorter retention period is required by applicable law.
Your Rights and Choices
You can tell us at any time not to send you marketing communications by e-mail by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing e-mails you receive from us, or by sending an "opt out" request to the address indicated on such email. You may request not to be contacted by 3D Systems in connection with any new services, updates, news, or events by contacting us as described below.
For California Residents
If you are a California resident, please see our California Consumer Privacy Statement for more information about your rights with respect to your personal information.
For Residents of the EEA, United Kingdom or Switzerland
If you are located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), the United Kingdom or Switzerland, you may have the following rights in relation to personal data that we hold about you:
- To request confirmation of whether we process personal data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that personal data;
- To request that we rectify or update your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated.
- To request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances;
- To request that we restrict the use of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as while we consider another request that you have submitted, for example a request that we update your personal data;
- To object to our processing of personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- Where you have given us consent to process your personal data, to withdraw your consent; and
- To request that we provide a copy of your personal data to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format in certain circumstances.
You may contact us by e-mail or as described in the "How to Contact Us" section below to exercise your rights described above. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in your country if you are not satisfied with our response.
Our Site is designed for a general audience and are not directed to children. In connection with the Site, we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under age 16 without parental consent, we will either seek parental consent or promptly delete that information. If you believe that a child under age 16 may have provided us with personal data without parental consent, please contact us as specified in the How To Contact Us section of this Online Privacy Notice.
Links to Third-Party Services and Features
For your convenience and information, our Site may provide links to other online services, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by 3D Systems, we are not responsible for these third parties' information practices.
Updates to Our Online Privacy Notice
We may update this Online Privacy Notice from time to time and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal data practices. We will indicate at the top of the policy when it was most recently updated.
How to Contact Us
You can update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our marketing lists, submit a request or ask us questions about this Online Privacy Notice or our practices by emailing us at [email protected] or writing to us at:
3D Systems Corporation
Attn: Ethics and Compliance Officer (ECO)
Address: 333 Three D Systems Circle
Rock Hill, SC 29730
If you are a customer from the EEA, the United Kingdom or Switzerland, the 3D Systems entity responsible for the processing of your personal data is the entity with which you have a direct relationship. Please contact your 3D Systems representative or use the contact details for the relevant entity as described below:
Belgium: LayerWise, Grauwmeer 14, 3001 Leuven
France: Phenix Systems, Rue Richard Wagner, 63200 Riom
Germany: 3D Systems GmbH, Waldeckerstraße 13, 64546 Mörfelden-Walldorf
Italy: 3D Systems Italia Srl., Via R. Incerti, 25, 10064 Pinerolo (TO)
Netherlands: Vertex-Dental B.V., Centurionbaan 190, 3769 AV Soesterberg
Netherlands 3D Systems Benelux B.V., Albert Plesmanstraat 4, 6021 PR Budel
Switzerland: 3D Systems SA – Marly, Route de l'Ancienne Papeterie 185, 1723 Marly
United Kingdom: 3D Systems Europe Ltd., 200 Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead HP2 7TG
California Consumer Privacy Statement
This California Consumer Privacy Statement ("Statement") supplements the Online Privacy Notice. It applies solely to California consumers and addresses personal information we collect online and offline. This Statement does not apply to 3D Systems personnel or job applicants.
This Statement uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its implementing regulations (the "CCPA").
1. Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement) the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: signature, physical characteristics or description, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, other financial information, and medical information (such as COVID-19 vaccination status)
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, genetic information, disability, citizenship status, and military and veteran status
- Commercial Information: commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual and similar information
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information
- Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We may use (and may have used during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement) your personal information for the purposes described in our Online Privacy Notice and for the following business purposes specified in the CCPA:
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
2. Sources of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have obtained personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you, such as when you purchase a product or service from us
- Your devices, such as when you visit our Site
- Your contacts, such as when they provide us with your contact information so we can send information that may interest you
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries
- Vendors who provide services on our behalf
- Online advertising services and advertising networks
- Data analytics providers
- Government entities
- Operating systems and platforms
- Social networks
- Data brokers
3. Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information in exchange for monetary consideration. We may allow certain third parties (such as online advertising services) to collect your personal information via automated technologies on our Site in exchange for non-monetary consideration. We share the categories of personal information listed below for online advertising purposes and to provide third-party social network features and functionality on our Site. You have the right to opt out of this disclosure of your information, which may be considered a "sale" under California law.
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have sold the following categories of personal information about you to online advertising services and social networks:
- Online Activity
We do not have actual knowledge that we sell personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
4. Sharing of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have shared your personal information with certain categories of third parties, as described below.
We may have disclosed the following categories of personal information about you for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
|Category of Personal Information||Category of Third Party|
|Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80 Law||
In addition to the categories of third parties identified above, during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have shared personal information about you with the following additional categories of third parties: Government entities
5. California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below.
- Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out of Sale: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
- Shine the Light Request: You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (a) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (b) the identity of those third parties.
How to Submit a Request. To submit an access, deletion or opt-out of sale request, email us at [email protected] or call us at (833) 880-0002. To submit a Shine the Light request, email us at [email protected]. To submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a consumer, email us at [email protected]. For questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section of our Online Privacy Notice.
Verifying Requests. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. If you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we may require you to provide any of the following information: your email address, the name of the 3D Systems representative with whom you typically interact, and the date of your last interaction with a 3D Systems representative. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
Additional Information. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.