Last Updated: 05/19/2023
3D Systems Corporation and its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “3D Systems”) respect your concerns about privacy. This Online Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) applies to personal data we collect on www.3dsystems.com (the “Site”) and when you purchase a product or service. The Notice describes the types of personal data we obtain, how we use the personal data, with whom we share it and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information. We also describe measures we take to protect the security of the information, the rights you may have and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
3D Systems Corporation is the entity responsible with respect to personal data that we collect through the Site. Please see the "How to Contact Us” section below for further information.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Personal Data We Obtain
- How We Use Personal Data
- How We Share Personal Data
- California and Other U.S. State Privacy Rights
- European, United Kingdom or Swiss Users
- Unsubscribing from Marketing Communications
- Children’s Privacy
- Links to Third-Party Services and Features
- Updates to Our Online Privacy Notice
- How to Contact Us
Personal Data We Obtain
The types of personal data we may obtain include:
- Contact and Account Information: We receive contact information, such as your name, telephone number, postal and email address, and—as applicable—information about your organization such as your company name, job title, department, country, work location when you use our Site, purchase 3D Systems products or services, and during in-person events.
- Purchase Information: We receive information when you purchase products and services, such as billing and payment information.
- Communications with 3D Systems: We receive information when you communicate with 3D Systems, including when you complete forms on our Site, communicate with us through social media, sign up for electronic marketing communications, order new products or services, or submit an inquiry.
- Device Information: We receive information about the computers, phones, and other devices you use to interact with our Site, application or advertisements, including the IP address (which may be used to infer general location), unique device identifier, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits.
- Information from Healthcare Providers: We may obtain certain personal data about individuals through healthcare providers and professionals (including hospitals or similar health care providers or one of their representatives) of our products and services, in which case they are responsible for obtaining and handling any required consents or for having another legitimate basis for processing such information to the extent required by applicable law.
While the personal data you choose to provide is voluntary, certain personal data may be necessary to provide you with the relevant product or service. If you choose not to provide certain information, this may affect my ability to provide you with certain products or services.
How We Use Personal Data
We use the personal data you provide on our Site for the following legitimate business purposes:
- To Provide 3D Systems Products and Services: To provide our products and services to you, including to process and fulfil your transactions and requests, to manage customer accounts, and to provide service delivery and customer support services, verifying customer information, and processing payments.
- To Communicate With You: To communicate with you about our products and services, including to respond to inquiries, offer customer support and process claims in connection with products and services, and sending emails as permitted by law.
- For Research and Development: To operate, evaluate, and improve our products and services, including administering and enhancing the Site, developing new products and services, perform data analytics, market research and customer surveys, as well as auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance.
- To Advertise 3D Systems and Customize Your Experience: To advertise and market our products and services and to personalize your experience with our services and Site.
- Authentication, Integrity, Security, and Safety: To authenticate your account, to conduct data storage and information technology activities provide a secure Site experience, and to detect, investigate, and prevent malicious conduct, fraudulent activity or unsafe experiences, address security threats, protect public safety, and secure our products and services.
- Legal Reasons: To comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including requests from law enforcement or government agencies, to investigate or participate in civil discovery, litigation, or other adversarial legal proceedings, and to enforce or investigate potential violations of our terms or policies.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified about certain types of automated collection technologies and how to restrict or disable them. Please note, however, that without these technologies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
How We Share Personal Data
We will only disclose your personal data to other recipients if this is necessary to fulfil the purposes described below, you have given us your consent to do so, or we are required to do so by law or by a court or administrative order.
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries: We share personal data we obtain about you with our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Third-Party Services Providers and Vendors: We also share personal data with service providers that perform services on our behalf such as marketing service providers, analytics providers, IT hosting providers, payment service providers, logistics services providers, resellers, accountant, attorneys, and consultants.
- Marketing, Advertising, and Analytics Partners: 3D Systems uses third-party marketing, advertising, and analytics providers: to provide you with advertising about products and services that may be tailored to your interests, to provide statistics and analysis about how people are using our products and services, including our Site; and to provide advertising and marketing for our products and services, including targeted advertising based on your use of our Site. These third-party partners may receive information about your activities on our Site through third-party cookies placed on our Site. To opt out of our use of third-party cookies that share data with these partners, visit our cookie management tool, available in Where required by law, we will first obtain your consent before engaging in the marketing or advertising activities described.
- Sale or Acquisition of Assets: In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation), your personal data will be one of the transferred assets. If this were to occur, we will include provisions in the applicable contract requiring the purchaser to treat your personal data in the same manner required by our Notice in effect at that time.
- Legal Process and Protection from Harm: In addition, we may disclose personal data about you (a) if we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, for example due to a court order or a request from a law enforcement agency, (b) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, and (c) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or other illegal activity.
How We Protect Personal Data
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data we obtain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security. You agree and acknowledge that we will not be liable or responsible for use or disclosure of your personal data that is the result of unauthorized or illegal access to our systems or those of third parties
Retention of Personal Data
We retain personal data as long as needed to fulfil the purposes outlined above. We use the following criteria to determine how long to retain personal data the length of time that we have a relationship with you, and the services we provide to you; your requests to us regarding your information, or our services; any applicable legal, contractual, tax, or accounting purposes; and technical considerations and feasibility.
California and Other U.S. State Privacy Rights
Under some U.S. state laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended by the California Consumer Privacy Rights Act) (CCPA), residents may have certain privacy rights.
- Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Data: As further described in <<Personal Data We Obtain>>, we may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Notice) the following categories of personal data about you: contact and account information, purchase information, communications with 3D Systems, device information, and information from healthcare providers. As further described in <<How We Use Personal Data >>, we may use (and may have used during the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Notice) your personal data for to provide 3D Systems products and services, to communicate with you, for research and development, to advertise 3D Systems and customize your experience, for authentication, integrity, security, and safety, and for legal reasons.
- Sources of Personal Data: During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have obtained personal data about you from the following categories of sources: directly from you, such as when you purchase a product or service; from your devices such as when you visit our Site; your contacts, such as when they provide us with your contact information so we can send information that may interest you; vendors who provide services on our behalf; online social networks, advertising services and advertising networks.
- Sale or Share of Personal Data for Targeted Advertising: We do not sell your personal data in exchange for monetary consideration. We may allow certain third parties (such as online advertising services) to collect your personal data via automated technologies on our Site in exchange for non-monetary consideration. We share the categories of personal data for online advertising purposes and to provide third-party social network features and functionality on our Site. You have the right to opt out of this disclosure of your information.
- Your Rights: You have certain choices regarding your personal data, as described below.
- Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal data we have collected, used, disclosed and shared about you during the past 12 months.
- Correction: You may have the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal data in certain circumstances.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal data we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out of Sale or Share: You have the right to opt-out of the sale or share of your personal data.
- Appeal: You may have the right to appeal our decision if we decline to process your request, you may have the right to appeal our decision. You can do so by replying directly to our denial.
- Non-Discrimination: The right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights, as required under state law.
- Shine the Light Request: You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (a) a list of certain categories of personal data we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (b) the identity of those third parties.
- How to Submit a Request: To submit a request, email us at [email protected] or call us at (833) 880-0002. We will provide a timely response, in accordance with applicable law. To submit a Shine the Light request, email us at [email protected]. To submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a consumer, email us at [email protected]. For questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section of our Online Privacy Notice.
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal data or complying with your request. We may require you to provide any of the following information: your email address, the name of the 3D Systems representative with whom you typically interact, and the date of your last interaction with a 3D Systems representative. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal data, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal data is the subject of the request.
European, United Kingdom or Swiss Users
- Legal Basis For Processing: We process your personal data only in accordance with European data protection regulations, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Depending on the specific personal data concerned and the factual context, when we process personal data as a controller for individuals in regions such as the EEA, Switzerland, and the UK, we have a lawful basis to process your data if: we are legally obligated to process it; we must process it to provide you with services you have requested; you have consented to the processing; and/or we have a legitimate interest in processing your data. If, in exceptional cases, we process so-called special categories of personal data (data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, as well as the processing of genetic data, biometric data uniquely identifying an individual, health data, or data concerning sex life or sexual orientation) about you, this will be done in particular if, to the extent that and for as long as:
- you have given us your explicit consent (Art. 9 (2) (a) GDPR),
- it is necessary for us to exercise our or your rights under employment law and social security and social protection law and to comply with our or your obligations in this regard (Art. 9 (2) (b) GDPR),
- it relates to personal data that you have manifestly made public (Art. 9 (2) (e) GDPR),
- it is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims (Art. 9 (2) (f) GDPR), or
- it is necessary for the purposes of preventive health care or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the employee's fitness for work, for medical diagnosis, health or social care or treatment, or for the management of health or social care systems and services (Art. 9 (2) h) GDPR).
- Your Rights. If you are in the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK, your rights in relation to your personal data processed by us as a controller specifically include:
- Right of access and/or portability: You have the right to access any personal data that we hold about you and, in some circumstances, have that data provided to you so that you can provide or “port” that data to another provider;
- Right of erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to the erasure of personal data that we hold about you (for example, if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was originally collected);
- Right to object to processing: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data and/or stop sending you marketing communications;
- Right to rectification: You have the right to require us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (for example, where you believe that the personal data we hold about you is not accurate or lawfully held).
To exercise these rights, please contact us as indicated above. If you believe that we have not complied with data protection regulations when processing your personal data, you may lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR.
- Data Transfers. If, your personal data is processed in countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area (so-called third countries), this only takes place insofar as certain protective measures ensure that an appropriate level of data protection exists for this purpose. Typically, we take the following protective measures for this purpose:
- Adequacy Decision of the EU Commission: recipients in Andorra, Argentina, Canada, Faroe Islands, Guernsey, Israel, Isle of Man, Japan, Jersey, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Uruguay (Further information at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/adequacy-decisions_en).
- Standard contractual clauses: other recipients (Further information at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc_en)
- Exemptions under Article 49 of the GDPR: Other recipients.
Further information about third country transfers or copies of these measures can be obtained at the contact addresses listed above
- Data Protection Officer. We have appointed a data protection officer who can be contacted at [email protected]
Unsubscribing from Marketing Communications
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent to send you marketing communications about our products and services launches, offers and promotions, and invite you to events and surveys. You can tell us at any time not to send you marketing communications by e-mail by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing e-mails you receive from us, or by sending an “opt out” request to the address indicated on such email. You may request not to be contacted by 3D Systems in connection with any new services, updates, news, or events by contacting us as described below.
Our Site is designed for a general audience and are not directed to children. In connection with the Site, we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under age 16 without parental consent, we will either seek parental consent or promptly delete that information. If you believe that a child under age 16 may have provided us with personal data without parental consent, please contact us as specified in the How To Contact Us section of this Online Privacy Notice.
Links to Third-Party Services and Features
For your convenience and information, our Site may provide links to other online services, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by 3D Systems, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
Updates to Our Online Privacy Notice
We may update this Online Privacy Notice from time to time and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal data practices. We will indicate at the top of the policy when it was most recently updated.
How to Contact Us
You can update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our marketing lists, submit a request or ask us questions about this Online Privacy Notice or our practices by emailing us at [email protected] or writing to us at:
3D Systems Corporation
Attn: Ethics & Compliance Officer (ECO)
Address: 333 Three D Systems Circle
Rock Hill, SC 29730
If you are a customer from the EEA, the United Kingdom or Switzerland, the 3D Systems entity responsible for the processing of your personal data is the entity with which you have a direct relationship. Please contact your 3D Systems representative or use the contact details for the relevant entity as described below:
Belgium: LayerWise, Grauwmeer 14, 3001 Leuven
France: Phenix Systems, Rue Richard Wagner, 63200 Riom
Germany: 3D Systems GmbH, Waldeckerstraße 13, 64546 Mörfelden-Walldorf
Italy: 3D Systems Italia Srl., Via R. Incerti, 25, 10064 Pinerolo (TO)
Netherlands: Vertex-Dental B.V., Centurionbaan 190, 3769 AV Soesterberg
Netherlands 3D Systems Benelux B.V., Albert Plesmanstraat 4, 6021 PR Budel
Switzerland: 3D Systems SA – Marly, Route de l’Ancienne Papeterie 185, 1723 Marly
United Kingdom: 3D Systems Europe Ltd., 200 Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead HP2 7TG