What is 3D Sprint?
3D Sprint® is exclusive software from 3D Systems for preparing and optimizing CAD and polygon data and managing the additive manufacturing (AM) process for 3D Systems plastic 3D printers, including color-jet printing (CJP), digital light processing, multi-jet printing (MJP), stereolithography (SLA), and selective laser sintering (SLS).
Delivered with every supported plastic printer from 3D Systems and offering direct and virtual machine support for a wide range of legacy systems, 3D Sprint delivers tools that allow you to 3D print better parts without high-priced software.
What Can You Do with 3D Sprint?
You can use 3D Sprint to prepare and optimize CAD data and then manage the AM process on your 3D Systems plastic 3D printers.
Directly import native CAD files from industry-leading CAD systems, which greatly reduces the need for file repair and fixing, shortens the file preparation time, and facilitates the design-to-print process.
Achieve better surface quality for printed parts that are easier to remove using less material and post processing with automatic, intelligent, finely-tuned support generation and optimized preset profiles accompanied by a full range of structure and anchor point extraction parameters.
Automatically analyze part geometry; correct errors for translation issues in your CAD or STL design files and bad polygon geometry in 3D scans; and select, edit, and delete polygons and intelligently fill holes and gaps in your polygon data with manual polygon editing tools.
Achieve accurate and powerful slicing and accurate build time and material estimates. Submit print jobs directly from your print workspace or load 3D Sprint build files created on another system directly to the printer. Manage your directly-connected printer or get visibility for all networked or shared printers to control job priorities with queue management tools.
Save custom placement styles and optimize the printer volume for maximum efficiency and productivity with comprehensive auto placement including requirement-driven orientation, dense 3D nesting, and automatic pre-printing quality checking.
What's New in 3D Sprint?
3D Sprint 3.0 includes key new features and enhancements including:
Improvements for All Printers:
- Ability to import industry-standard 3MF format files.
- New tool to align and space parts on the build platform.
- Ability to delete sub-parts and reset parts to their original size and position.
- Remember part transforms and reposition the parts to their original position if needed.
- Ability to separate parts in random color for easier identification.
- UI/UX enhancements including enhanced view and zoom settings and icon preset controls.
- Ability to auto-place parts by height for better quality and print speed
- Include more parts on the build tray.
- New scale and offset Wizard to calibrate the printer, and thus print more accurate parts.
- New support structure options:
- Improve print success rate.
- Improve part quality.
- Enable easier post-processing.
- Uses less material.
- More build style flexibility.
- Copy build styles from one part/region to another.
- New build preview to inspect slices for errors and reduce build failures.
- Auto-placement to fit more parts on the build platform.
- More data-rich reporting.
- Improved build-time estimate.
Figure 4 and NextDent 3D Printers:
- Ability to add struts to reinforce supports.
- Improved printability checks.
How Can You Buy 3D Sprint?
3D Sprint Basic complimentary licenses are included with all new purchases of specific 3D Systems plastic 3D printers. 3D Systems also offers direct and virtual machine support for a wide range of legacy systems. View the full list of supported printers in the 3D Sprint brochure.
In addition, you can upgrade 3D Sprint Basic complimentary online activation licenses to offline, network, dark site, or 3D Sprint PRO licenses, or purchase additional licenses for your printer.
Licenses are available for the following editions:
- 3D Sprint Basic
- 3D Sprint PRO for SLA includes the same functionality as 3D Sprint Basic plus advanced part and build preparation functions like native CAD import, finely-tuned supports, auto-placement for increased overall tray capacity, and embedded polygon technology. 3D Sprint PRO also supports QuickCast Diamond build style for SLA investment casting patterns.
- 3D Sprint PRO for SLA with Early Model Support includes the same functionality as 3D Sprint PRO for SLA with the additional support of legacy SLA printers
“3D Sprint is intuitive and easy to use. I was able to figure it out before anyone even had time to show me, and we were able to train our intern on it in no time at all.”—Scott Barbour, R&D Technician, Span Tech, Glasgow, Kentucky, USA
Request a 30-Day Free Trial of 3D Sprint
Plastic 3D Printers
Learn about the plastic 3D printers that include a complimentary license of 3D Sprint including CMP, MJP, SLA, SLS and digital light processing printers.
Our plastic 3D printing materials mimic a wide array of engineering plastics, elastomers, and composites and match your specific applications needs.
Looking for AM software for metal 3D printers? Check out 3DXpert® all-in-one, integrated software for industrial additive manufacturing.