Features in OpenHaptics v3.0
- Linux support, including support for 7 DOF option, pinch grips, and customized grips - OpenHaptics now provides support and installers for most of the common Linux distros such as the latest versions of OpenSuse, Fedora, and Ubuntu. RPM, DEBIAN and TGZ packages are provided for easy installation across various linux distros. Use OpenHaptics to develop Linux applications that require 7DOF positional sensing. Utilize Sensable's interchangeable snap-on end effectors or design your own custom grip for 6DOF Phantoms.
- Windows 7 support - Use OpenHaptics on the latest computers running Windows 7, or continue running XP.
- Depth of penetration - Continuously monitor the depth of penetration from the surface contact point, and set different force parameters accordingly. Ideal for simulations, such as an epidural injection, that mimic the feel of a needle passing through different layers of tissue.
- Support for standard 3D model file formats - Load 3D models with textures in a single command.
- Support for 3DS, OBJ, STL, and PLY eliminates the need to convert 3D models to special formats prior to programming.
- Adjust torque parameters on 6DOF devices - Make individual adjustments to the torque parameters for pitch, roll, and yaw on the gimbal.
- New demos and source code examples - Jump-start your application development with new demos and examples that show you how to:
- Integrate QuickHaptics with lower-levels of OpenHaptics; Use haptics to place a medical tool in the correct position;
- Define your own force model;
- Set different material properties depending on depth of penetration.
OpenHaptics v3.0 is available for Microsoft Windows 32-bit and 64-bit XP and Vista, as well as for Linux.
See the System Requirements for more information.
The OpenHaptics toolkit supports the range of supported Sensable PHANTOM devices from the low-cost Phantom Omni device to the larger Phantom Premiums and Premium 6DOF devices.