With nearly 10 years of experience in VSP (Virtual Surgical Planning), 3D Systems’ un-matched expertise provides surgeons with improved accuracy and surgical outcomes that results in reduced time in the operating room benefiting both patients and surgeons.
An essential tool for pre-surgical planning and patient-specific models, guides and templates; VSP is a 510(k) cleared service that provides surgeons with clear 3D visualization of a patient’s anatomy to develop a surgical plan prior to entering the operating room.
Following the online planning session between our biomedical engineers and the surgeon; patient-specific surgical guides, models and instruments are designed and 3D printed for use within the sterile field. Surgeons around the world are seeing the benefits of the 3D visualization that VSP provides.
- Orthognathic surgical planning with CAD/CAM intermediate and final splints
- Mandibular or maxillary reconstruction with free flaps or bone grafts
- Trauma surgery, including repositioning guides and augmented DICOM data for navigation assistance
- Distraction osteogenesis planning, including vector positioning and distractor placement
- Guidance for microtia repair using autogenous materials
- Jaw in a Day, which facilitates definitive single stage jaw reconstruction from resection to prosthesis placement.
- Craniofacial reconstruction including procedures related to craniosynostosis and cranial vault distraction.