The Jaw in a Day® product line allows for immediate placement of a provisional dental prosthesis during a single-stage free tissue transfer jaw reconstruction surgery. The surgical planning along with guide and prosthesis designs are completed using state-of-the-art CAD/CAM technology, allowing the patient to emerge after a single surgery with a full jaw reconstruction, including dental rehabilitation.
- Fine-cut CMF and fibula donor site CT scans (protocols available).
- Occlusal stone models and/or intraoral occlusal scans.
- Completed order form.
- Lead-time is 3-4 weeks from receipt of data to surgery.
- Patient selection considerations:
- Benign lesions
- Minimal soft tissue loss
- Bone loss of greater than 6cm
- Fibula guide must be reproduced perfectly on the fibula (using special features/shape of guide).
- Consider using tooth-borne resection guides.
- Implants with guided system must be tapped and at bone level.
- Occlusal splint is a must.
- Provide enough room for bone, soft tissue, and prosthesis to fit comfortably (about 12mm mini-mum clearance from FFF to opposing dental arch).
- Custom reconstruction plate recommended, though may be slightly more difficult to inset with dental prosthesis.
Jaw in a Day is a registered trademark of David L Hirsch.