3D Systems is the only manufacturer to offer both 3D printers and software for FDA-cleared, diagnostic-quality anatomic models. You can select from a broad range of materials capable of biocompatibility and sterility to 3D print on technologies that include ColorJet Printing, MultiJet Printing, Stereolithography and Selective Laser Sintering.
Since each patient's anatomy is different, patient-specific anatomic models provide an opportunity to visualize and plan surgeries prior to entering the operating room. In addition, you can use anatomic models to educate patients and their families on an upcoming procedure.
Create diagnostic-quality digital 3D models and physical 3D prints quickly and easily with FDA-cleared D2P software. When DICOM images are imported, D2P consolidates all 3D model segmentation and preparation steps into one workstation.
Automatic segmentation algorithms driven by deep learning—combined with advanced virtual reality (VR) visualization—help minimize the time and effort associated with the creation of anatomic models.
Geomagic® Freeform® Software
Design intricate structures and sculpted shapes, especially patient-specific models, with Geomagic Freeform.
Leverage the industry’s most comprehensive, organic, hybrid-design software on the market. It can help you solve complex, precision design and manufacturing challenges while easily addressing tasks within existing scan-to-print or CAD-to-manufacturing workflows.
Validated Printers and Proven Materials
Models printed in flexible, rigid, opaque and clear materials
Translucent and opaque models printed in our high-strength materials*
Full-color anatomic models to aid in visualization of complex structures
Strong, durable models in medical-grade nylon materials*
*Materials capable of biocompatibility and sterility
Choose Your Optimal Mix of Anatomic Model Solutions
You can count on 3D Systems for a broad range of anatomic model solutions—from design to delivery. Whether you are looking for a way to create a digital 3D model from DICOM, you already have a design file and need a printing service, or you need an end-to-end solution, we have you covered. Solutions include:
- Hybrid Digital (D2P + VR) Service: Integrate image segmentation and VR capabilities in your lab; then, upload design files to 3D Systems for 3D printing your anatomic models within our ISO 13485-certified facilities.
- End-to-End Validated Workflows: Adopt our complete FDA-cleared workflow, including advanced software and validated printers for anatomic model production at the point of care.
- Advanced Design Option: Add Geomagic Freefrom with Touch™ haptics to elevate the model design capabilities within your point-of-care lab.
- Additional Services: Collaborate with us and go beyond anatomic models with surgical planning support or outsource device production not available or possible on-site.
- Full-Service Model: Simply submit your medical imaging data and 3D Systems’ engineers will design and 3D print your patient-specific 3D printed anatomic models, which you can use for diagnostic and patient education purposes.
Ready to discuss your next case? Contact us to learn about anatomic model material, technology, and services.
Industrial-scale, process controlled additive manufacturing solution for selective laser sintering