- High temperature components testing, and general use parts including: HVAC, consumer appliances, motor enclosures, stators, etc.
- Low pressure molding/tooling: expanding foams, rubbers, etc.
- Production-grade material
- High heat resistance for testing and use in high heat environments
- No secondary thermal post-cure required
- Excellent visualization for parts requiring evaluation of internal features and fluid flow performance
- HDT over 300 °C at both low and high stress (HDT at 0.455 and 1.82 MPa)
- Rigid and translucent
- High tensile modulus for use in molds (4000 MPa)
Key Material Properties
The full suite of mechanical properties are given per ASTM and ISO standards where applicable. All parts are conditioned per ASTM recommended standards for a minimum of 40 hours at 23 °C, 50% RH. Material properties include physical and mechanical properties, as well as thermal, UL flammability, and electrical (dielectric strength, dielectric constant, dissipation factor, and volume resistivity).
Figure 4 technology prints parts that are isotropic in mechanical properties meaning the parts printed along either the XYZ axis will give similar results. Parts do not need to be oriented to get the highest mechanical properties, further improving the degree of freedom for part orientation for mechanical properties.
Long term environmental stability
Figure 4 HI TEMP 300-AMB is engineered to give long term environmental UV and humidity stability. This means the material is tested for the ability to retain a high percent of the initial mechanical properties over a given period of time. This provides real design conditions to consider for the application or part.
The chart shows a sampling of the dataset. The full datasheet includes Indoor and Outdoor Stability data for Tensile Strength, Elongation at Break, Tensile Modulus and Impact Strength. Actual data value is on Y-axis, and data points are % of initial value.
Tested per ASTM D4329 standard method.
Tested per ASTM G1554 standard method.
Chemical and automotive fluid compatibility
The compatibility of a material with hydrocarbons and cleaning chemicals is critical to part application. Figure 4 HI TEMP 300-AMB parts were tested for sealed and surface contact compatibility per ASTM D543 test conditions and per USCAR2 test conditions. Tensile Strength (MPa) is shown below. The full datasheet includes additional data tables for Tensile Modulus, Elongation at Break and Notched Impact Strength.
Automotive Fluid Compatibility
* Note: Not all products and materials are available in all countries – please consult your local sales representative for availability.
Warranty/Disclaimer: The performance characteristics of these products may differ according to variations in printing and post processing conditions, test equipment, product application, operating conditions, or with end use. 3D Systems makes no warranties of any type, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use.
What's New with Figure 4?
You might also be interested in:
Figure 4 MED-AMB 10
Rigid, translucent material that can be sterilized and tested at high temperature
Key Mechanical Properties
- Elongation at break: 2.6%
- Tensile modulus: 4000 MPa
- Impact strength (notched Izod): 10 J/m
- Heat Deflection Temperature @ 0.455 and 1.82MPa: >300 °C
Download the material technical specifications:
Uncover the Power of an Advanced Materials PortfolioDownload our Plastics material guide now and explore the range of advanced materials that exist to help you take advantage of a range of characteristics.
View in all Languages
Printers Compatible with this Material:
Figure 4 Production
Industry’s first customizable, fully-integrated factory solution for direct digital production