- General medical applications requiring biocompatibility, sterilization and/or thermal resistance
- Surgical drill guides, splints
- Parts requiring rigidity with high temperature resistance
- Fluid handling manifolds
- Elevated temperature testing
- Parts with high definition details
- Threaded assemblies
- Visualization and fluid flow models
- Capable of meeting ISO 10993-5 & -10 standards for biocompatibility (cytotoxicity, sensitization and irritation)
- Excellent visualization for parts requiring evaluation of internal features and their performance
- High temperature testing
- True-to-CAD accuracy and crisp feature detail
- Sterilizable by autoclave
- Thermal resistance over 100 °C
- Excellent humidity/moisture resistance
- Rigid and translucent
Key Material Properties
The full suite of mechanical properties are given per ASTM and ISO standards where applicable. All parts are conditioned per ASTM recommended standards for a minimum of 40 hours at 23 °C, 50% RH. Material properties include physical and mechanical properties, as well as thermal.
Figure 4 technology prints parts that are isotropic in mechanical properties meaning the parts printed along either the XYZ axis will give similar results. Parts do not need to be oriented to get the highest mechanical properties, further improving the degree of freedom for part orientation for mechanical properties.
Long term environmental stability
Figure 4 MED-AMB 10 is engineered to give long term environmental UV and humidity stability. This means the material is tested for the ability to retain a high percent of the initial mechanical properties over a given period of time. This provides real design conditions to consider for the application or part.
Below is a sampling of the dataset. The full datasheet includes Indoor and Outdoor Stability data for Tensile Strength, Elongation at Break, Tensile Modulus and Impact Strength. Actual data value is on Y-axis, and data points are % of initial value.
Tested per ASTM D4329 standard method.
Tested per ASTM G1554 standard method.
Chemical and automotive fluid compatibility
The compatibility of a material with hydrocarbons and cleaning chemicals is critical to part application. Figure 4 MED-AMB 10 parts were tested for sealed and surface contact compatibility per ASTM D543 test conditions and per USCAR2 test conditions. Tensile Strength (MPa) is shown below. The full datasheet includes additional data tables for Tensile Modulus, Elongation at Break and Notched Impact Strength.
Automotive Fluid Compatibility
* Biocompatibility is based on testing by 3D Systems on a single geometry and sample set per ISO 10993-5 and -10. Users should confirm fitness for use and biocompatibility for their applications.
* Note: Not all products and materials are available in all countries – please consult your local sales representative for availability.
What's New with Figure 4?
You might also be interested in:
Key Mechanical Properties
- Tensile Strength, Ultimate: 69 MPa
- Elongation at break: 4%
- Flexural modulus: 2810 MPa
- Impact strength (notched Izod): 18 J/m
- Heat Defection Temperature @ 0.45 MPa: 119 °C
- Water absorption (24 hour): 0.26%
Download the material technical specifications:
Uncover the Power of an Advanced Materials PortfolioDownload our Plastics material guide now and explore the range of advanced materials that exist to help you take advantage of a range of characteristics.
View in all Languages
Printers Compatible with this Material:
Figure 4 Production
Industry’s first customizable, fully-integrated factory solution for direct digital production