Save on Tooling Costs and Time with Direct Production Plastic Parts
Figure 4® Tough 65C Black is a versatile production-grade black material with good impact strength, elongation, and tensile strength. It provides long-term environmental stability with an injection molded-like surface quality. This material is recommended for high mechanical load-bearing batch production parts, jigs and fixtures, and prototypes that remain stable for years.
This resin features a 70˚C heat deflection temperature and 35% elongation at break and is excellent for buckles, snaps, and clips due to a 6.6% elongation at yield. Simplified post-processing speeds enable high end-to-end throughput.
Figure 4 Tough 65C Black is tested to 8 years of indoor and 1.5 years outdoor mechanical performance per ASTM D4329 and ASTM G194 methods, ensuring that printed parts remain functional and stable for long periods in real-world conditions.
- Load-bearing parts such as handles, cranks, knobs, and levers Structural parts like brackets, snap-fits, and custom fasteners
- Small parts requiring detail and accuracy for consumer products, sporting goods, and general use
- Latching and board connectors for data devices and white goods
- Sensor holders and guides
- Long-term use parts for indoor and outdoor applications
- High elongation at yield for ABS-like snaps, buckles, and clips.
- Excellent surface quality, accuracy, repeatability
- Fast throughput to finished part; no secondary thermal cure required
- Long-term indoor and outdoor environmental stability of mechanical properties; tested out to 8 and 1.5 years (respectively) per ASTM methods
- 70°C HDT at 0.455MPa
- 35% elongation at break
- 6.6% elongation at yield
- 31 J/m notched impact strength
- 41 MPa tensile strength
- Biocompatible-capable per ISO10993-5
- UL94 HB flammability
The full suite of mechanical properties is given per ASTM and ISO standards where applicable. All parts are conditioned per ASTM recommended standards for a minimum of 40 hours at 23 °C, 50% RH. Material properties include physical and mechanical properties and thermal, UL flammability, and electrical (dielectric strength, dielectric constant, dissipation factor, and volume resistivity).
Figure 4 technology prints parts that are isotropic in mechanical properties meaning the parts printed along either the XYZ axis will give similar results. Parts do not need to be oriented to get the highest mechanical properties, improving the degree of freedom for part orientation for mechanical properties.
Long Term Environmental Stability
Figure 4 Tough 65C Black is engineered to give long-term environmental UV and humidity stability and long-lasting black color. This material has been tested for its ability to retain a high percentage of its initial mechanical properties over a period of time. This test data provides real performance conditions to consider for the application or part.
The charts show a sampling of the dataset. The full data sheet includes indoor and outdoor stability data for tensile strength, elongation at break, tensile modulus, and impact strength. The actual data value is on the Y-axis, and data points are a % of the initial value.
Tested per ASTM D4329 standard method.
Tested per ASTM G194 standard method.
Chemical and Automotive Fluid Compatibility
Hydrocarbons and cleaning chemical compatibility can be critical to application compatibility. Figure 4 Tough 65C Black parts were tested for sealed and surface contact compatibility per ASTM D543 test conditions and per USCAR2 test conditions. The full datasheet includes additional data tables for tensile strength, tensile modulus, and elongation at break.
Automotive Fluid Compatibility
* Note: Not all products and materials are available in all countries – please consult your local sales representative for availability.
What's New with Figure 4?
You might also be interested in:
Printers Compatible with this Material:
Figure 4 Production
Industry’s first customizable, fully-integrated factory solution for direct digital production