Save on Tooling Costs and Time with Direct Production of Flame-Resistant Plastic Parts
Figure 4® High Temp 150°C FR Black is a rigid, flame-retardant black material that can be used for production parts requiring UL94 V0 rating as well as FAR 25.853 and 23.853 capability. It provides long-term environmental stability with an injection molded-like surface quality.
This material is recommended for consumer, transportation, and aerospace applications that require performance at high temperatures like brackets, covers, and circuit board housings and covers.
Figure 4 High Temp 150°C FR Black is tested to 8 years of indoor and 1.5 years outdoor mechanical performance per ASTM D4329 and ASTM G194 methods, ensuring that printed parts remain functional and stable for long periods in real-world conditions.
- Printed circuit board covers
- Electrical and under-hood housings requiring UL94 V0 rating
- Rigid covers, hangers, and brackets
- Small FAR 25/23.853 in-cabin parts
- Flame retardant parts for trains and buses
- Self-extinguishing, flame-retardant material
- High heat deflection temperature for demanding applications
- No secondary thermal cure required
- Excellent surface quality, accuracy & repeatability
- Capable of plating and painting
- Passes UL94 V0 test standards @ 2 mm and 3 mm thickness
- Passes FAR Part 25.853 @ 12-second vertical burn and HB testing @ 3 mm thickness
- Passes FAR Part 23.853 @ 12-second vertical burn and HB testing @ 3 mm thickness
- Passes UL 746C GWIT and GWFI @ 2 mm and 3 mm thickness
- >150C @ 0.455 MPa HDT
- 2900 MPa flexural modulus
- Long-term indoor and outdoor environmental stability of mechanical properties; tested out to 8 and 1.5 years (respectively) per ASTM methods
The full suite of mechanical properties is given per ASTM and ISO standards where applicable. All parts are conditioned per ASTM recommended standards for a minimum of 40 hours at 23 °C, 50% RH. Material properties include physical and mechanical properties and thermal, UL flammability, and electrical (dielectric strength, dielectric constant, dissipation factor, and volume resistivity).
Figure 4 technology prints parts that are isotropic in mechanical properties meaning the parts printed along either the XYZ axis will give similar results. Parts do not need to be oriented to get the highest mechanical properties, improving the degree of freedom for part orientation for mechanical properties.
Long Term Environmental Stability
Figure 4 High Temp 150°C FR Black is engineered to give long-term environmental UV and humidity stability and long-lasting black color. This material has been tested for its ability to retain a high percentage of its initial mechanical properties over a period of time. This test data provides real performance conditions to consider for the application or part.
The charts show a sampling of the dataset. The full datasheet includes indoor and outdoor stability data for tensile strength, elongation at break, tensile modulus, and impact strength. The actual data value is on the Y-axis, and data points are a % of the initial value.
Tested per ASTM D4329 standard method.
Tested per ASTM G194 standard method.
Chemical and Automotive Fluid Compatibility
Hydrocarbons and cleaning chemical compatibility can be critical to application compatibility. Figure 4 High Temp 150°C FR Black parts were tested for sealed and surface contact compatibility per ASTM D543 test conditions and per USCAR2 test conditions. The full data sheet includes additional data tables for tensile strength, tensile modulus, and elongation at break.
Automotive Fluid Compatibility
* Note: Not all products and materials are available in all countries – please consult your local sales representative for availability.
What's New with Figure 4?
You might also be interested in:
Printers Compatible with this Material:
Figure 4 Production
Industry’s first customizable, fully-integrated factory solution for direct digital production